2019 - Present: Research Assistant, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- ARoundVision - All aRound panoramic Vision for smart and secure environments
- This project aims to investigate new coding and processing methods for panoramic visual information, captured with 360-degree field of view, and ultra-high definition, i.e. All-Around UHD (AA-UHD) video, promoting the development of new applications in this area.
2017-Present: Assistant Lecturer at Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, Portugal
- Department of Electrical Engineering, ESTG;
- Lecturer of under-grad courses of electronics and embedded systems.
2014: Assistant Lecturer at University of Surrey, United Kingdom
- Provide support to students on circuits development and programming.
2012: Laboratory Assistant at Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, Portugal
- Provide the necessary support to students on practical course work using Microcontrollers.
2010 - 2012: Research fellow on the P3DTV project, Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal
- P3DTV project - Performance Optimisation in 3D TV Broadcasting Services
- This project addressed the emerging 3D TV broadcasting services by investigating the problems associated with transmission of different stereo video coding formats.
- Task carried out: research on 3D video coding techniques, e.g., H.264/MVC; develp empirical models to characterize the 3D video quality over a DVB-T hierarchical channel; develop of efficient error concealment techniques for 3D video decoders complaint with H.264/MVC.
2008 - 2009: Research fellow on a project funded by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT), Portugal
- Task carried out: study the state of art codecs and technologies for digital television broadcast; working with transmission and reception equipment for digital television of Rohde & Schwarz.
2015 - 2018: PhD student, Loughborough University in London, United Kingdom
- Research within Institute for Digital Technologies (IDT), United Kingdom and Instituto de Telecomunicações (IT), Portugal
- Objective: Develop efficient error resilience and error concealment techniques for the forthcoming multimedia services based on High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) standard
- Thesis title: Error Resilience and Concealment Techniques for High Efficiency Video Coding
2013 - 2015: PhD student, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
- Research within I-Lab of the Centre for Vision and Signal Processing.
2010 - 2012: Master Degree in Electronics Engineering - Telecomunications, Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, Portugal
2007 - 2010: Bachelor Degree in Electronics Engineering, Instituto Politécnico de Leiria, Portugal
- Project title: DVB-T3D - Transmission of 3D Television over a DVB-T Channel.
- Portuguese (First language): comprehends well, speaks well, reads well, writes well
- English: comprehends well, speaks reasonably, reads well, writes well